Friday, January 11, 2008

Oh My Honus!


What's a HoNuS?
don't ask me . . . but it sounds great and has
for decades now right, Janae?
(better than swearing!)
Even the baby says it
Oh my honus
Honus to Mergatroid
John always asks
"What's a Honus?"
well,
apparantly
we are
not
alone!
Check out page 72 of
Martha Stewart LIVING Jan 2008
and you
will find
a
Bracco Italiano dog
named

HONUS!!!!

4 comments:

Price Cream Parlor said...

OH MY HONUS!
This is so dang funny!
I don't really know where the word originated from - it seems like a commen staple around the Fitch home for as long as I can remember! Too funny!

sista # 2 said...

Even my friends at high school used
the term! What's funny to me is, my
littles never say Oh My Honus!!!
What?? When they were small I 'trained' them to say 'goodness'
instead of 'gosh'-sounds like God's
name in vain - and I guess this is
the term they prefer. Honus!!

There is no Italian translation to
English for this word -so who knows
why they chose it! H E R E Honus!
hahahaha ciao

Anna said...

My 13 year old neighbor caught onto my "oh my honus" phrase and now uses at the local junior high...everyone asks her what it means and where she got it...her friends have started saying it too...Honus, it is catching on!

Rachelle said...

That is great!!